Saturday, November 26, 2011

Beautiful Chaos by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl


Published: October 2011
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Pages: 528
Copy: Bought
Summary: Goodreads


Ethan Wate thought he was getting used to the strange, impossible events happening in Gatlin, his small Southern town. But now that Ethan and Lena have returned home, strange and impossible have taken on new meanings. Swarms of locusts, record-breaking heat, and devastating storms ravage Gatlin as Ethan and Lena struggle to understand the impact of Lena's Claiming. Even Lena's family of powerful Supernaturals is affected - and their abilities begin to dangerously misfire. As time passes, one question becomes clear: What - or who - will need to be sacrificed to save Gatlin?

For Ethan, the chaos is a frightening but welcome distraction. He's being haunted in his dreams again, but this time it isn't by Lena - and whatever is haunting him is following him out of his dreams and into his everyday life. Even worse, Ethan is gradually losing pieces of himself - forgetting names, phone numbers, even memories. He doesn't know why, and most days he's too afraid to ask.

Sometimes there isn't just one answer or one choice. Sometimes there's no going back. And this time there won't be a happy ending.

Ok, I'm still crying.  I can't believe the ending of this book.  I knew it was coming, but I just didn't believe it.  I loved the book, which is not really a surprise considering how much I enjoyed the other two - I still haven't got around to reading Dream Dark, but I will, eventually. 

Same wonderful characters, lots of twists and turns and surprises. But, if you haven't read the first two, it's not going to make an awful lot of sense to you.  There is some back story included, but certain events and characters just won't make sense, like John Breed, Ridley and Link.  Sorry guys I refuse to put spoilers in here, so what can I tell you.  The writing is beautiful and very descriptive.  The characters grow with each new book,  It's a very serious series, but there are patches of humour throughout that help to reduce the tension a little, and Link is such a dork, you just can't help but smile at his antics.  Ethan - well, I wish I had someone care for me at that age the way Ethan cares for Lena.  Sigh!  My advice? If you haven't already read it, why not!

I do have one question though.  Is there another book, or not?  I will understand if there isn't, reluctantly, but I will understand, but it seems to me that Kami and Marg just can't leave it where it is.  I couldn't find anything to say there was going to be a fourth full length novel, but I also haven't found anything saything 'conclusion', so if you've heard anything - let us know.

No comments:

Post a Comment