Saturday, September 15, 2012

A Temptation of Angels by Michelle Zink


Published: March 2012
Publisher: Dial Books
Pages: 435
Copy Provided by: Library
Summary: Goodreads

Summary:
Even angels make mistakes in this page-turning epic romance

When her parents are murdered before her eyes, sixteen-year-old Helen Cartwright finds herself launched into an underground London where a mysterious organization called the Dictata controls the balance of good and evil. Helen learns that she is one of three remaining angelic descendants charged with protecting the world's past, present, and future. Unbeknownst to her, she has been trained her whole life to accept this responsibility. Now, as she finds herself torn between the angelic brothers protecting her and the devastatingly handsome childhood friend who wants to destroy her, she must prepare to be brave, to be hunted, and above all to be strong, because temptation will be hard to resist, even for an angel.

Review:
I won't lie.  I wasn't a fan of Ms. Zink's previous series - Prophecy of the Sisters.  I just couldn't seem to get into the series or the finish the first book.  This series was intriguing though so I thought I'd give it a try.  I did finish it and it only took me a few days.  Michelle has a beautiful writing style and the first few chapters captured me.  I enjoyed the tension between Helen and Griffin but to be honest, I felt the lack of a timeline.  As the story wore on, I always questioned how things were moving so quickly and yet there was a lack of cohesion.  I can't quite put my finger on it but I felt like they had fallen for one another quite quickly considering the circumstances of Helen's arrival and there was a certain element that was missing.  I also found myself questioning Helen's background and would have liked more detail regarding her history.

Despite this, A Temptation of Angels started well and has piqued my interest to continue to the next book in the series.  I have not yet heard of the title of #2 but I'll put it on my TBR list.  It won't be at the top...but maybe about 1/3 of the way down the pile...


No comments:

Post a Comment