Friday, June 6, 2014

Follow Friday


Friday Follow is a blog hop that was started by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.  Each week a different question is posted by our hosts and we will answer!  This is a great opportunity for bloggers to network and interact. 
This week’s question –

What are your non-book guilty pleasures? Like TV shows, food, websites, hobbies, etc.

I have so many guilty pleasures...I like to bake (I make cookies and then to try and give as many away as possible so I don't consume them all on my own).  I also get obsessive about a series.  For instance, we borrowed the Game of Thrones season 3 discs from a family member one weekend and finished it in 2 days. At night after my daughter went to sleep...watching til 3am. If I ever let myself become a couch potato, I can sit and watch HGTV for so long that the shows become re-runs.  Same with the Food Network.  Oh, and craft magazines...I used to buy them all the time.  Now I just go to Chapters with my daughter under the pretense of letting her play but read them all while I'm there.  I consider it "literal" therapy.... 
- Christinabean
 
Curlypow here - my non-book guilty pleasure is looking at knitting patterns and books.  I can lose myself for hours looking at pretty pictures and imagining the finished products.  Perhaps if I spent less time looking and more time knitting I'd have more to show for my time!  Actually I guess that's not really non-book is it?  Oh, and I'm with Christinabean on that binge watching of TV series - Walking Dead anyone?  Although I must admit, I do get a lot of knitting and embroidery done while I'm watching so I don't feel quite so guilty.
Welcome to the Paperback Princesses! Make yourself at home, take a look around our blog and let us know what you think in the comments section. We would love to hear what you have to say about our posts. We often try to comment on your comments as well so feel free to start a conversation! Since there are two of us running the show, we always have a variety of titles and event postings. Be sure to check out our own personal meme page. Check out Fantastic Fairytales, Let's Hear it for the Boys, In Case you Missed it and a few others. We try to not only focus on new YA books but also great titles from the past.

6 comments:

  1. Nice guilty pleasures! I'm an existing follower.
    Diane @ Diane's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm absolutely obsessed with the Walking Dead! I just got into it about two months ago and I caught up so fast. I'm an old GFC follower. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping through. I'd like to watch Game of Thrones but I want to read the books first. Which means I'll never watch it...
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the same when it comes to patterns, but I crochet instead of knit.
    Existing follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love baking too - but it is no good for my waistline! I think my co-workers are sick of me bringing treats all the time!
    New follower, love your blog name!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopping through....new follower. Baking is awesome! I love knitting too, but not that good at it unfortunately.

    Jen @ inkontheshelf.com

    ReplyDelete