Sunday, August 17, 2014

Shout Out to Indies - Kissed by Kimberly Loth




 We here at The Paperback Princesses often receive emails from Indie authors requesting reviews and are blessed with free book copies. Often we are unable to get to so many titles before our mass market published books take over our TBR shelves. That doesn't mean there aren't plenty of great reads though! We want to give back to those Indie authors and are declaring EVERY SECOND SUNDAY our SHOUT OUT TO INDIES MEME. For those of fellow bloggers, please feel free to add our meme to your regular schedule. We only ask that you quote and link back to us as a courtesy. For all of you Indie authors, we invite you to contact us at the contact link to your top left. We will select 1 - 3 titles (each time we post) that sound interesting. Lastly, for you readers, this is a bit of a test so please do comment and let us know what you think. We will also be offering up giveaway copies whenever we can! So without further ado, here are this week's pick:

Kissed by Kimberly Loth





Summary:
Trapped in a dark cult, sixteen-year-old Naomi Aren has lived a quiet, albeit unhappy, life nestled deep in the hills of the Ozarks.  With uncut hair, denim skirts, and only roses for friends, Naomi seldom questions why her life is different from other kids at school. Until the day her abusive father, who is also the cult’s leader, announces her wedding. Naomi must marry Dwayne Yerdin, a bully who reeks of sweat and manure and is the only one person who scares her worse than her father.
Then she meets Kai, the mysterious boy who brings her exotic new roses and stolen midnight kisses. Kisses that bring her a supernatural strength she never knew she had.  As the big day approaches, Naomi unearths more secrets of about her father’s cult. She learns she has power of her own and while Kai may have awakened that power, Naomi must find a way to use it to escape Dwayne and her father—without destroying herself.

We asked Kimberley she writes for a YA audience:

"There are so many reasons I write YA. The first is that I only read YA. As I writer I think it is important to read what you write. I have a hard time reading adult books. They move a little too slowly for me. Also, I’m a high school teacher and I love that age. I think it would fun to go back and do high school all over again (but only knowing what I know now.)  
Another reason I write YA is that I get to fall in love over and over and over again. Those feelings, the butterflies, the heartache, the emotional roller coaster is something that I enjoy experiencing. When I write YA love stories I get to have those (and many other) feelings."




No comments:

Post a Comment