Thursday, November 20, 2014

The Revenge of Seven by Pittacus Lore



Published: August 27th, 2014
Publisher: Harper Collins
Pages: 371
Copy: Library
Summary: Goodreads

The worst was supposed to be over. We were reunited after a decade apart. We were discovering the truth of our past. We were training and getting stronger every day. We were even happy...

We never imagined the Mogodorians could turn one of our own against us. We were fools for trusting Five. And now Eight is lost forever. I would do anything to bring him back, but that's impossible. Instead, I will do whatever it takes to destroy every last one of them.

I've spent my entire life hiding from them, and they've stolen everything away from me. But that stops now. We're going to take the battle to them. We have a new ally who knows their weaknesses. And I finally have the power to fight back.

They caught Number One in Malaysia.

Number Two in England.

Number Three in Kenya.

And Number Eight in Florida.

They killed them all.

I am Number Seven.

I will make them pay.


Review

I have been enjoying this series since its inception with 'I am Number Four' and I'm always happy to see a new volume come out.  Of course, so are many others, which is why it always takes a couple of months or so to get it from the library.  This time around 4, 6, 7, 9, Ella and 5 are coming to terms with death and betrayal and are really starting to fight back.  They find unexpected allies and start taking the fight to the Mogadorians.

Unfortunately, the books continue to irritate me because of the constantly changing POV's  with no immediate indication as to who the narrator is.  Yes! I know the typeface changes with each POV, but I'm reading, NOT looking at the typeface. (You do understand what I mean, right?)  Each chapter takes me at least a page to reorient myself.  Does anyone else find this irritating? Adding a simple number, or character name at the top of each chapter would make it so much easier to follow.  Also, this time around, I didn't quite see where the title came in.  Unless I seriously missed a chunk of text (which, let's admit, is entirely possible) , I didn't see 7 getting revenge on anyone!  Did I miss something? Please let me know.

However, 7's revenge or not, I still enjoyed the story.  What's not to love about aliens running all over the world trying to save our planet from the nasty Mogs?  In short, there's lots more fun and hi-jinx for our helpful alien crusaders and it's nice to see them getting the upper hand for a bit and managing to blow a few things up.  As always, I look forward to seeing the next episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment