Saturday, May 14, 2011

Christinabean's Friday Finds


My apologies for being away for so long to share my finds.  I've got lots of interesting goodies this week to share though!  Prepare for a long post!  Like my creature?  I found him on tinypic.com.  Who wouldn't like a little creature rockin' it out while downing a slurpee?  Get ready for some fun...

First off, let's explain that I still have yet to get myself a bookshelf.  Yes, it is pathetic.  They used to reside in a dresser in the spare room but now my books have migrated to a plastic under the bed box.  Check out these bookshelves though.  Which is your fav?


This is my favourite...quite possibly because it holds more than all the rest....

Other fun things I've run into over the past week...Cassie Clare is one of my favourite writers.  I think that the Mortal Instruments series should be read by everyone.  Hands up if you're a fan!  So if you haven't read the series (first 3 books) then don't bother visiting this site but here is a bonus read from Miss Clare.  It's the first kiss between a certain couple...speaking of this couple, check out this laugh out loud dialogue via postcards, a short story by Cassandra.


There were a ton of new books that I came across this week!





The Scorpio Races is a new stand alone by Maggie Stiefvater.  Darkness Falls by Kate Tiernan is book #2 in the Immortal Beloved Series.  Silence (uh, where can I get one of those?) is book number 3 in the Hush Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick.  Last but not least is a new series called Wolf Springs Chronicles by Nancy Holder.  Book Number 1 is Unleashed.  Great looking reads eh?
  
Non-book related stuff

So not all that I found this past week was YA book related. I wanted to share this really cool link as well from the NYPL. They have an archive of menus (yes, menus) that need to be transcribed and they are asking the public for assistance. Try your hand at transcribing online at this website and be a part of history for this great digitization project!


Lastly, I wanted to leave you with a bit of a giggle.  I've seen this video a few times on different blogs but Julian Smith really cracks me up here....how do people come up with these things??  The next time someone is bugging you, just grimace and say - I'M READING A BOOK, CAN'T YOU SEE I'M READING A BOOK?  (ha! ha!)






No comments:

Post a Comment