Friday, December 21, 2012

Follow Friday



Friday Follow is a blog hop that was started by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. Each week a different question is posted by our hosts and we wil answer! This is a great opportunity for bloggers to network and interact.
This week’s question –

Q: What have you learned from book blogging that you didn't know before about the publishing industry?

Wow, how to answer this one? Really I think the big thing I've learned is how much of a community it all is, and how large and complex.  Before blogging I thought an author wrote a book, found a publisher and bam, it landed on the shelf magically, but there is soooooo much more to it than that.   I don't think I really appreciated how much work went into the whole process.  I/we are thrilled to be part of that process even if only in the tiniest way.  I have been a huge reader my entire life and books enrich that life so much - I can't imagine what I'd do without them.  Kudos to everyone who is involved in getting those magical volumes onto the shelf - or into my reader.

Welcome to the Paperback Princesses! Make yourself at home, take a look around our blog and let us know what you think in the comments section. We would love to hear what you have to say about our posts. We often try to comment on your comments as well so feel free to start a conversation! Since there are two of us running the show, we always have a variety of titles and event postings. Be sure to check out our own personal meme page. Check out Fantastic Fairytales, Let's Hear it for the Boys, In Case you Missed it and a few others. We try to not only focus on new YA books but also great titles from the past.

1 comment:

  1. Even knowing that a lot of work goes into publishing a book, I bet I would still be surprised if someone sat me down and explained every little thing that had to happen before that book ended up on the shelf.

    ReplyDelete